Portland Kitchen Countertops
Looking for kitchen countertops in Portland? A new kitchen countertop is an easy way to upgrade the appearance of the space. You just need to figure out which surface works best.
When selecting your ideal countertop material, it’s important to consider what it will have to withstand. In the kitchen, the countertop needs to hold up against extended periods of high heat, knife marks, and scratches. You want something that looks great for years to come.
Kitchen Countertop Remodeling Made Easy
Want to remodel your kitchen countertop? Need some help selecting the perfect surface material? Reach out to our interior design experts and we’ll tell you the pros and cons of each type of countertop.
Types of Kitchen Countertops We Offer
- Concrete – Concrete countertops are acid-stained to look like natural stone and are available in a wide range of colors from light to dark. They’re resistant to heat, easy to clean and maintain, and they provide a distinctive look to your home or apartment.
- Corian – Corian countertops are man-made, non-porous, and available in a variety of colors. They’re also heat-resistant and easy to clean, but it can scratch with direct contact from knives and other sharp objects.
- Granite – Granite countertops are made with a variety of minerals, so two of them will never look the same. They offer the fantastic heat resistance and will not scratch with knife contact. However, granite surfaces need to be sealed annually to maintain their waterproofing.
- Laminate – Laminate countertops are the least expensive material on the market and are relatively easy to install. However, they add no resale value to the home and are easily damaged due to the softer material.
- Marble – Marble countertops are very colorful and contain unique veining, adding an element of luxury to the apartment or home. They also increase the home’s resale value. The disadvantages of marble are its softer material that’s prone to scratching, its ability to stain, and the need for annual sealing.
- Quartz – Quartz countertops are man-made combinations of stone infused with polymer resin. They’re beautiful additions to any apartment or home and can be made to look like marble. They’re also less prone to scratching and staining but come at a higher price depending on the specific type.